Friday 13 February 2009

Sketch Saturday: Etrigan the Demon

A shade early. I'm busy tomorrow! The Demon was Jack Kirby's hastily commissioned follow-up to the cancelled Fourth World books. Whilst Kamandi basked in the Pierre Boulle inspired Fifth World, Etrigan the Demon had Arthurian myth-space to call home. Summoned from Hell to act as Camelot's trump card by sorcerer supreme Merlin, an unsuccessful Etrigan was reduced to human form and sent packing. Etrigan has since found life as a satanic supporting player in many a DC universe, popping up as a spirit guide in Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, and up-for-a-ruck in The New Batman (animated) Adventures.

I'm a bit torn on my Demon. I'm happy with everything other than his left arm. Don't know what happened there. I thought about cropping it, but it looked worse. Oh well! I'm especially pleased that he's turned out particularly stout.



Occult Luis Guzman!

No comments: