Saturday 4 April 2009

McGangBangen



Just wolfed down my very first McDonald's McGangBang sandwich. What's one of them? It's an industrious little treat, dreamt up by penny pinch patrons of a Daytona Beach outlet of that fine sweety shitty meat restaurant. Sir requests that McStaff split a Double Cheeseburger at the first patty, placing a McChicken sandwich in the middle, before bringing it all back together as bun-heavy supersnack. Sir wouldn't mind some fries too, yes.

Apparently the McGangBang can actually be ordered, by name, in a select few chains in the US. How's that for customer service? I should imagine if you order this side of the pond, you'll an unhelpful slack-jawed stare. I shouldn't think explanations would help much either. Since I'm ever-so-politely English, not to mention lazily sending someone else out for this item, I ordered the parts in the singular for later self-assembly. A colleague dubbed this an 'Ikea'. I'm stealing that for Urban Dictionary. I've told him. He doesn't mind.

Although not much of a culinary revelation, the McGangBang did remind me of childhood encounters with Big Macs: struggling to angle the thing into a biteable position, unable to make a total chomp that includes every layer of taste, and desperately munching sliding meat-plates to divert a total collapse. The top bun was a stress fracture mess. It was an adventure. So if you want to feel like a tiny, straining child again, you know what to order.

First read about here, on Byron Crawford's most excellent blog.

7 comments:

Gary said...

That sounds positively vile!

Malath said...

hahaha.. awesome.

tell you what tho.. I had my first maccies the other day in like a few years.. and it was proper nasty!
was like eating cardboard :(

McGangBang has to be tried tho!

Chris Ready said...

I enjoyed it Nada! Later that day I was craving another. Although that was probably because my meat-sugar level had dropped through the floor.

What did you have Mal? Maccies is pretty terrible, but I do crave it in work when I'm all tired and starving. Can usually persuade someone to go get one too!

Work is a strange place where I only ever crave sugary things.

Malath said...

Trust me I understand cravings for maccies. I spent an entire night dreaming about eating maccies while doing my essay last week. I swear by the time I went to bed at 5AM all I could think about was what I should order at lunch haha. I was almost drooling at the thought of biting into a quarter pounder.

So yea I got a big mac and chicken nuggets. For nostalgia sake. I was bitterly disappointed hah. Cardboard taste ftl.

Chris Ready said...

I'm partial to double cheeseburgers, or bacon cheeseburgers, it's squashed patty nicey. Usually dribbling with cheese grease too. I say cheese, you could more accurately call it processed yellow. I bet Mc is doing a roaring trade in these troubled times.

WJC said...

I had one today. It's going to be my greasepie of choice whenever my stomach steers me through the door of Ronaldo's.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris Ready said...

No problemo. Share the wealth I say.