Wednesday 13 August 2008

Shake Shake Shaky 2000



Shaky Kane has a website! It's full of lovely art! It is over there.



Shaky Kane is part of an illustrious pantheon of artists whose work I found repulsive as a child, but now get sweaty love shakes whenever I stumble upon it. Other members of this exclusive mindscape club include: Mike McMahon, Geoff Senior, Frank Miller, Brendan McCarthy and Jack Kirby.



Mr Kane began his career doodling for the independent British comic likes of Revolver and Deadline, before crashing headfirst into 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine, the later two were I had my first whiffs of baulk flirt. His work for this long-standing sci-fi pamphlet duo included religious vigilante future shock series Soul Sisters, the very best X-Files strip rip-off Vector 13, and Shaky's Beyond Belief - a poker faced 'facts' series that had me scratching my head as a youngster.

No comments: