Saturday 29 November 2008

Sketch Saturday: Mike Bison*

*or Balrog, if you prefer.

Rather than rifle through older stuff I have sitting around, I thought it'd be better to dash something off from scratch. And dash I did. You'll have to excuse the the less than painstaking approach this week. I wanted quicky grotesque, so that's what you're getting. Mike Bison, or Balrog if you don't want Mike Tyson's legal team in your ear, is a boxing mid-boss from Street Fighter II. Bison is a thundering, punch-drunk psycho who has real trouble not killing people - hence his disqualification from organised boxing, and subsequent falling in with Shadaloo's uniform despot: Vega. As the series has rambled on Bison has become slobby comic relief, usually seen undermining world-annexing plots with gross stupidity. I always preferred him as a fever-head slugger. Clearly barmy, and quite able to punch your head off your shoulders, and into a bin.



Meffy eyes courtesy of an animation error in 1994's Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Regret that speech bubble, but I don't trust myself to paint it out without making the whole thing look even more like infant doodles.

No comments: