Wednesday 16 July 2008

The Spirit: Trailer Number 2



See! The Spirit's second sexed up sell short here!

I'm particularly fond of Denny escaping the monolith woman's lips. Reminds me of a delirious Eisner title page. Apart from that, it's Sinner City. Or Dicker Tracey. Or a film set in a James Bond 007 title sequence universe. Manga cues. Speed lines. Heavy outlines. Sam Jackson in Nazi regalia. Scarlett Johansson's Lady Snowblood background. Characters swimming in artifice. This is big-feet The Dark Knight Strikes Again Miller plugging away at his excess-overload reptile sex-urge.

Yes please.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Sorry to be a primate but the trailer just left me thinking "there best be tits!". Christ! What's happening to me lol.

No Alba clauses welcome here!

Chris Ready said...

Heh. I think it's pitching for an R rating. I seem to remember that being a conditional on Miller coming on the project.